Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Checking in

We ended up taking yesterday off due to the fact that my niece & nephew (who go to public school) had off for MLK Day and they came here for the day.  It was nice to have a bit of an unplanned day off, but today I feel so...unmotivated.  Three of our children completed their work today.  Two are sick in bed.  And, the youngest...well, she did educational activities on my iPhone.  That counts, right?

Good news...Mike made #1 in the USA on Mathletics.com for the second time in a week!!!  He was listed as #52 in the WORLD last week.  Not sure where he places (if he does) this week.  So very proud.  His accomplishments spur the other children on and Katrina made it to #12 in the USA this past weekend - the first time she has made the list.  I'm so thrilled that they are motivated to do math and continue to improve their skills.

So, any good news in your homeschool? Anyone else having an "off" day?  I'm grateful for the fact that we have no plans and I haven't been stressed about "lost" time.  I'm really learning to let things go and just enjoy my time with my family.

No comments: