Monday, February 6, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Feb. 6, 2012


In my life this week:
I did little else besides school & get ready for our first day of our second semester of our homeschool co-op (HOPE).

In our homeschool this week:
My husband took over much of our son's science, for which I am very grateful.  I get so frustrated with the fact that I haven't improved much in that subject area since I was in 9th grade.  Desiring to be better at Science & Math is just not enough to make it so.
My 2 older daughters wrote short stories for Language Arts and I was very pleased with their final copies.
My middle children have come far in working independently this year and I am very happy with them.
My youngest daughter finished her First Grade Science & History...already.  Took her a total of about 4 weeks.  Very reminiscent of her 2 oldest sisters.

Helpful homeschooling advice to share:
If you can find a homeschool co-op to join that is like-minded...join! It breaks up the monotony and helps with areas you may be weaker in.

My favorite thing this week:
My husband telling me he liked my hair.  If you know him...this is a rare thing.  Made me smile.

Things I'm working on:
Last week, it was HOPE.  This week....Homeschool Fair.

I'm reading:
Still on The Lamplighter.  Didn't have a lot of time to read.

I'm praying for:
My friend to receive good news in her test results concerning her breast cancer.

A video to share:
Just being goofy with my 2 youngest one day.  (NOTE:  I have no idea why Zane was trying to pull his tongue out.  I swear, it is NOT a threat I use!!)

No comments: