Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Feb. 19, 2012


In my life this week...
     My husband went to Louisville, KY for the National Farm Machinery Show.  He left on the morning of Valentine's Day & returned on Friday.  Being a farmer, it is not often that we are without him for days at a time.  But, now that the children are older, I didn't feel like the weight of the world was on my shoulders and we actually had a good time.  Texting back and forth with my husband made the distance seem less, as well.  
   
In our homeschool this week....
We took a bit of an unscheduled Winter Break due to my husband taking this trip.  We did school on Monday and Wednesday with our bi-weekly homeschool co-op on Friday.  We needed a break, so the kids enjoyed the more relaxed week....as did I!

Places we are going & people we are seeing...
     To fill up our time without Daddy, we had some fun things planned.  Valentine's Day is my absolutely favorite holiday, so we had our second-annual Valentine's Party with about 40 friends.  You can read more about that here.  On Thursday, we headed to the local science museum and just had a great time enjoying the different exhibits and hands-on activities.  Not having a schedule to worry about made for a nice few days.
     On Saturday, we all headed out to my mom's small-town and had a wonderful down-home breakfast in their local cafe.  
     Truly a week of fun & family.

My favorite thing this week was...
My husband returning home.

Questions I have...
Did you all do anything for Valentine's Day this year?  Also, how do you single homeschool moms do it day after day?  God's grace is sufficient...but what is your best tip for keeping on track and not exhausted?  

Things I'm working on...
Some e-mails concerning our Homeschool Fair.

I'm reading...
I'm kind of in between books right now.  Just can't seem to get into any at this time.

I'm cooking...
Let's see...while my husband was gone, we had pizza (ordered out) on Tuesday, French toast on Wednesday night (we often do breakfast for dinner on Wed), and Arby's on Thursday.  My hubby came home and I did make him a nice ham dinner on Friday and we had lasagna while friends came over on Saturday night.  What's for dinner tomorrow?  Suggestions welcome.

I'm praying for...
All to go well with doctor appointments we have this week.  Struggling friends.

A photo to share:
My hubby took this picture of me, my mom, and our girls after breakfast on Saturday.




1 comment:

RachelT said...

What a sweet photo of so many girls in your family! Your Valentine party sounds like fun. I don't cook as much when hubby is away either. I'm just stopping by from THMJ. I hope you have a great week!