Friday, April 23, 2010

Speaking of Planning...

...I already have a plan for the upcoming school year. I know, I know. THIS school year isn't even over, yet. But, I like to plan ahead.

My goal is to sit down with my Well Planned Day planner several days throughout the summer and plan each lesson for each day of the new school year. For instance, get out my children's math books and go through and plan what lessons and what pages they will be doing for each day. Then, on to English. When will that test be?

As we know, the best laid plans tend to fall victim to real-life. There will be days that someone is sick or an unforeseen field trip occurred. But, I will have finished all of the hard lesson planning during the summer, so will only have to take a few minutes each week to re-evaluate where we are and plan my children's days accordingly in the Home Schooler's Journal.

That is my plan of attack in lesson planning for the 2010/2011 school year. Do you have a plan? I would love to hear it. I'm not above changing my plan for a better one. :)

No comments: