Monday, April 19, 2010

Planning is Everything

But how do you plan?

Some people don't. They fly by the seat of their pants. Some make it look effortless and manage to accomplish much. Others, like myself, fail miserably in this method. Sometimes, it's necessary to just be flexible and do what you can when you can. But, for the most part, a plan is needed for homeschool survival.

In the past, I created an Excel spreadsheet to help organize my children's lesson plans. I've used individual assignment books so each of my children can see what is expected of them each day. Unfortunately, this creates a lot of work for me and my kids somehow seem to lose things in about 10 seconds flat.

In my search for the perfect planner, I've come across a few very helpful materials. I am listing them on my website this week including the one planner I've stuck with these last several years.  Go on over to Homeschool Potpourri an take a look.  Let me know if you use or have tried any of the planning helps I've listed.  What do you use & why do you like it?

Have a blessed homeschool day!

No comments: