Monday, August 9, 2010

We're Starting School Next Week...

...and I was feeling a bit guilty about cheating my kids out of the last 4 or 5 weeks of summer.  Until I found out that schools in the South are beginning this week.

Guilt-free.

Not to mention, my kids only have 4-day weeks and we like to finish school by the beginning of June.  Am I not an awesome mother?  *wink, wink*

I had great visions of having my entire year's lesson planning finished by now. Let's just say that guilt-free feeling didn't last long.

How about you?  Are you beginning school soon or haven't you even begun thinking about it?

3 comments:

Julie said...

I ordered my first set of books this year. A little overwhelmed. They haven't arrived yet, but when they do I think the true terror will set in. At least Samantha is excited!

Victoria said...

I'll never forget when our books first came for Michael. I don't think I was ever more terrified of the alphabet than I was then!

Sarah said...

Hi Vicki!
We are starting next week (Aug. 16th)....actually this year I am already to go believe it or not!! Starting our 6th year & it's only one of the few that we starting school in the same house that we were in last school year!!haha We are doing our regular 6 weeks on and 1 week off schedule...we love it!